Boleh Makan Tak?
About this competition
Reconnect with nature and rediscover heritage by exploring four selected themes throughout our ‘Boleh Makan Tak?’ competition. The competition runs from 1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022. Each month, one theme is accompanied by a unique media submission. Up to 10 winners will be selected each month.
This competition is organised by the Urban Biodiversity Initiative (UBI) as part of The Kampung City, an Applied Imagination project supported by the Center for Science and the Imagination at Arizona State University.
The four themes are
We express utmost gratefulness and appreciation to our competition judges:
Pn Ratnawati Jamil
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- The title of the competition is: ‘Boleh Makan Tak?’ Submit & Win Competition
- The slogan of the competition is: ‘forage to food’
- The competition is organised by the Urban Biodiversity Initiative (UBI), henceforth referred to as the ‘organisers’.
- The purpose of the competition is to reconnect with nature and rediscover heritage by exploring four selected themes.
- The competition will support content development for UBI’s Kampung City digital garden, an Applied Imagination project supported by the Center for Science and the Imagination at Arizona State University.
- The competition will run from 1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022. Each month, one theme is accompanied by a unique media submission. Up to 10 winners will be selected each month.
- Submissions will only be accepted from Malaysian citizens residing anywhere in the world, or non-Malaysians currently residing in Malaysia.
- Entrants must be a minimum of 18 years old. However, parents may submit on behalf of children under 18 years old. There is no upper age limit.
- All entries must be in Bahasa Malaysia or English only, and will be reviewed in these respective languages.
- Full name of the participant must match the name of the bank account. This is to facilitate disbursement of prizes.
- A pseudonym may be provided for contribution crediting purposes.
- Submissions must be of an original, previously unpublished work to which the participant holds full rights.
- The work must not contain any language that could be considered racist, sexist, homophobic, gratuitously violent, or otherwise offensive to a general audience.
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or anything that constitutes copyright infringement.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Entries received after closing dates, or submitted outside of the official online form, will not be considered.
- Participants hereby expressly, unconditionally and irrevocably authorise the organiser to publish or use their submissions in digital or print publications.
- Copyright of the intellectual property of any work remains with the author and submissions/works will be credited when used.
- By submitting an entry for this competition, participants agree to the usage of their personal data for the purposes of implementing the competition. The organisers undertake not to disclose personal data to third parties and will use them solely for the purpose of organising the competition.
JUDGING AND AWARDS
- Each month, the contest will commence on the first day of the month (e.g., 1 November) at 12:00 a.m. and close on the 20th day of the month (e.g., 20 November) at 11:59 p.m. local time (i.e., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, GMT+8).
- Up to three (3) main prizes and seven (7) consolation prizes may be won per month.
- Participants can submit multiple entries to the contest but each participant can only win one (1) prize per month.
- Winners will be notified by email (via the email address provided in the official submission form) by the end of each month. A list of winners (participants’ names and submission titles) may be published.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the prizes to other prizes of the same or different value at any point of time without prior notice.
- All decisions by the organisers concerning the administration and rules of the award, including the selection of winners, are final.